Thessaloniki conference 2011
Resolution on the EUROPEAN Commission’s proposal "Erasmus for all"
Resolution voted on the annual conference of the Grundtvig International Network of Course Organisers in Thessaloniki.
This text was unanimously approved by the conference participants on 10 December 2011. 70 participants.
Hintergrunddokumente für die konferenz
- Common European principles for validation of non-formal and informal learning
- Ecvet programme & pilot projects
- Explaining the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning
- The European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning
- Background note for the public consultation on validation of non-formal and informal learning
- 2010 update of the European inventory on validation of NFIL, executive summary
- 2010 update of the European inventory on validation of NFIL, final report
- European guidelines for validating non-formal and informal learning
- Key competences for adult learning professionals, final report, Research voor Beleid
- ALPINE – Adult Learning Professions in Europe, final report, Research voor Beleid & PLATO
- Non-formal learning: mapping the conceptual terrain. Colley/Hodkinson/Malcolm (2002)
- Adult education trends and issues in Europe, EAEA
For any question, you can contact Myriam Swinnen (Alden Biesen).
Program & presentations
Conference chair: Guy Tilkin, Alden Biesen (BE)
Wednesday 7 December: arrival, rooms, registration, welcome, dinner
Thursday 8 December: Welcome + presentations:
- GINCO, the network & accomplishments so far: Quality for Grundtvig courses.
Mr. Guy Tilkin, Landcommanderij Alden Biesen, Belgium, coordinator of the GINCO consortium.
- Grundtvig and Professional Development of Adult Education Staff
- Validation of Learning Outcomes in Adult Education. State of the art in Europe:
Mrs. Helen Keogh, Advisor on the Adult Learning Action Plan 2007.
- Introduction to the validation of the learning in this conference: Sabine Wiemann, BUPNET, Germany
10.30 : coffee break
11.00 : workshop: discussion and sharing participants' experience of validation of learning
outcomes, agreement on terms & definitions.
12.30 : lunch
Theme: Competence Development for Adult educators.
14.00 : Key note: "Key competences for adult learning professionals": Bert-Jan Buiskool, Research
voor Beleid, The Netherlands
14.45 : coffee
15.15 : Parallel workshops: Competence development in Grundtvig courses
17.00 : plenary reports & evaluation
Friday 9 December
Theme: Assessing learning outcomes
09.00 : programme overview
09.15 : key note: VILMA & LEVEL5: Validation of Informal Learning in Mobility Activities:
Tim Scholze, BUPNET, Germany
10.00 : coffee break
10.30 : examples and workshops on non-formal learning validation systems
12.30 : lunch
14.00 : key note: Content Related Credit and Validation Systems:
14.45 : coffee break
15.15 : examples and workshops on content related validation systems
17.00 : evaluation: poster sessions
Saturday 10 December
Theme: Recognition of Learning Outcomes in Grundtvig Courses
09.00 : programme overview
09.15 : key note: Recognition of Learning Outcomes: Mr. Radu Szekely, Vastra Nylands
09.45 : workshops & examples: strategies and tools
11.15 : coffee break
11.45 : plenary reports: steps to be taken, transfer into courses
13.00 : Lunch
14.00 : Evaluation of the conference: Mrs. Christa Bauer, Evalitas
Closure of the conference: Mr. Guy Tilkin
15.00 : Cultural programme
20.00 : Closing dinner
Sunday : 11 December
09.00 : departure
How to apply for a Grudtvig mobility grant
Steps for the applicants:
- Fill in your details in the registration form on the GINCO website
- Apply for a pre-registration form with
- Go to the website of your National Agency and download the grant application form for the Grundtvig mobility action Visits and Exchanges (NOT the action In-service Training )
- Access the Grundtvig Training Database (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/llp/istcoursedatabase/ ) and go to the conference description via the ref. number: BE-2011-182-001
- Fill in the application form using the conference details and your motivation for joining the conference
- Send the application form (signed) AND the pre-registration form to your National Agency BEFORE the deadline as set by your National Agency.
VALIDATION OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN GRUNDTVIG COURSES
7 – 11 December 2011
GINCO: Grundtvig International Network of Course Organisers is a consortium of 21 partners funded under the Grundtvig networks action. GINCO wants to network actual and potential Grundtvig course organisers, offering a forum for cooperation and exchange of expertise and offering support for development, promotion, quality of delivery, accreditation and sustainability of Grundtvig courses.
“Validation of Professional Development in Grundtvig Courses" is the second international conference organized by the GINCO consortium focusing on the validation and recognition of the learning outcomes of the adult educators attending Grundtvig in-service training courses. The conference targets actual Grundtvig in-service training course organisers, all adult education organizations willing/planning to organise such courses and all stakeholders in the field: LLP National Agencies, adult education policy makers, programme developers etc.
All themes will be explored in keynotes and workshops, relevant material will be presented, expertise will be exchanged, good practice will be highlighted. The conference will also be the ideal space for networking and creating useful contacts.
After an overview of the state of the art concerning validation of competence development in in-service training we will look at the results of a European research tender about the creation of the competences overview for educators and staff working in adult education. This key note will lead to a workshop on competence development for adult educators in Grundtvig courses: what competences do we tackle in our courses, how can we present courses in terms of competence development? In a next phase we will look at validation systems for formal and informal learning and try to transfer these models in Grundtvig courses. In a final phase of the conference we deal with certification. We will also apply the Level5 validation system on our own learning at the conference.
This conference is registered in the Grundtvig Training Database (https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/llp/istcoursedatabase/) under the reference number:
BE-2011-182-001. Participants can apply for a grant under the Grundtvig action: Visits and Exchanges (deadline 29 April or variable deadlines, please check with your LLP National Agency). Application forms are downloadable from the website of each National Agency.
Participation is for free (participation fee = 0), accommodation and all meals: 400 Euro.
For pre-registration, please, contact Myriam Swinnen at .